- Are you getting enough sleep? Usually 8 to 9 hours of a good night’s sleep is recommended. Sleep is our first line of defence against infections as cytokines produced during sleep help fight infections.
- Are you eating well? Try and prepare your own meals, rather than eating processed food. Use plenty of vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, legumes and try out simple recipes.
- Are you using spices in your food preparation? Think turmeric, cumin, coriander, garlic as they all have antimicrobial properties, so try to include them in your recipes.
- Are you doing some form of exercise? Stretches, walking, gardening, yoga or any other form of physical activity on a regular basis is very important now because it boosts your immunity.
- How are you managing stress? Fear, worry, anxiety, depression, excessive thinking can negatively impact your immunity. Each of us has to find a healthy way to reduce stress – try listening to your favourite music, chatting with a friend, learning something new, mindfulness, meditation, or a self-care ritual like massaging yourself with warm oils and having a warm shower/bath are great for stress relief.
If you would like to try my organic spice mix and oil blends for self-massage you can visit the Ayuwave Shop.